The unique Phantom device is an autonomous battery-powered mini GPS tracker that can be easily hidden inside any vehicle or special equipment in the most inaccessible, unattended, hidden and unpredictable places. The device does not contain external wires or antennas, and does not require a connection to the standard on-board power supply, so it is difficult to detect it when visually inspecting a vehicle.
In standard mode, the Phantom GPS tracker transmits a location signal for less than 1 second, and the rest of the time it is in deep sleep mode. Therefore, it cannot be detected by any special scanning devices or mobile signal detectors. Also, the device signal cannot be muffled, because the device does not emit any signals in deep sleep mode.
Phantom's GPS tracker has a smart timer that wakes up the device at the exact scheduled time and transmits the device's position to the server. The frequency of the location updates can be easily configured by the User in Personal Cabinet and the device can be switched remotely to other operating modes.
Phantom GPS tracker's power source is a Lithium-Thionyl chloride (LiSOCl2) battery, one charge of which is enough to send at least 1000 messages about the device’s location or to work at least 2 years in standard mode, guaranteed. The device can work up to 10 years when using additional optionally available batteries.
Phantom applicable for the following mobile assets:
- Vehicles (car, truck, van, SUV, motorcycle, boat, yacht)
- Special equipment (loaders, dozers, excavators, compactors, rollers, agro equipment)
- Cargo (trucks, trailers)
Phantom GPS tracking device has the following features:
- Lithium-Thionyl chloride (LiSOCl2) battery
- GPS module receiver
- 4G LTE Modem
- Internal temperature sensor
- Smart timer
- Activation and self-test button
Each Phantom GPS tracking device includes an IoT special temperature resistant SIM card by our partner, Rogers Communications, which has the widest and stable 4G network coverage in Canada and has roaming partners in other countries in North America.
PHANTOM DEVICE SPECIFICATIONS
Dimensions (no more than):
71 mm x 58 mm x 25 mm
2.79 inches x 2.28 inches x 0.98 inch
Case: hi-temperature and shock-resistant ABS-plastic
Protection: regular casing IP64, free optional waterproof sealing for IP68 or neodymium magnets mounting.
Position detection technologies: GPS + LBS
- Lithium-Thionyl chloride (LiSOCl2), bobbin-type technology
- 3,6 V
- 3600 mAh
- up to 1A current peak
- operating temperature: -55°C to +125°C.
Bobbin-type LiSOCl2 battery has the following important performance characteristics:
- Greater energy density and higher capacity: Bobbin-type LiSOCl2 batteries offer the highest energy density of any primary cell: up to 710 Wh/Kg and 1420 Wh/I. These cells also feature the highest capacity by weight and volume of any commercially available battery technology.
- Extended temperature range: Bobbin-type LiSOCl2 batteries can operate in temperatures ranging from -55°C to +125°C.
- Higher operating voltage: Bobbin-type LiSOCl2 cells have an open-circuit voltage of 3.67V and an operating voltage of up to 3.6V.
- Longer life: Bobbin-type LiSOCl2 batteries feature an outstanding shelf life and long-term reliability due to a very low annual self-discharge rate. Over a 10-year period, a bobbin-type LiSOCl2 battery stored at room temperature can lose between 7% and 30% of its initial capacity depending on the manufacturer.
- Patented safety features: Bobbin-type LiSOCl2 cells offer unmatched safety due to their unique “fail-safe” construction. These batteries are also free of heavy metals, making them among the most environmentally friendly of all batteries.
Battery capacity at least 1000 “cold start+position detection” cycles (tested GPS+LBS, 0 °C).
The guaranteed battery life of the device in standard mode is at least 2 years with daily informing or transmission of 1000 messages about its location. The guaranteed operating time of the device is up to 5 years with monitoring the location three times per week.
The maximum battery life by using additional optionally available batteries can reach 10 years.
GPS module receiver:
- Brand name: Telit Jupiter SL869
- High RF sensitivity and Jamming detection/removal
- Default up to 10Hz navigation
- A-GPS: local and server ephemeris predictions
- 66 acquisition channels
- Horizontal Position Accuracy (CEP50): 2.5 m
- Sensitivity: -162 dBm
- Time to fix in Cold Start: <28 sec
- DC Power Consumption: typical 74 mW max (25°C, 3,3 VDC)
- Operating temperature: -40°C to +85 °C
- Brand name: Telit ML865C1
- 4G LTE Cat 1
- 4G Bands: B2, B4, B12
- DC Power Consumption: 200 mW max (25 °C, 3,3 VDC)
- Operating temperature: -40°C to +85 °C
- Certified for North America